· 3 eggs (I like to use organic)
· 115g plain flour
· 1 heaped teaspoon baking powder
· 140mls of milk
· a pinch of salt
· A little melted butter
1. Separate the eggs (put the whites into one bowl and the yolks into another) I find this easier to do with my hands but you can get little egg separator gadgets.
2. Whisk the egg whites with a pinch of salt until they form stiff peaks (when you can hold the bowl upside down and they don’t fall out!), set aside.
3. In the bowl with the egg yolks add in the flour, baking powder and milk. Whisk into a smooth thick batter.
4. With a large metal spoon fold in the egg whites carefully into the batter mix slowly so they stay nice and fluffy.
5. Put a pan on a medium heat and add in a little melted butter (you can use a little oil as well to make sure that the butter dose not burn) so the pancakes do not stick.
6. Spoon some of the batter into the pan depending on what size you like your pancakes. At this stage you can add in some blueberries, chopped banana or what ever you like!
7. Using a spatula after a minute check and see if the underside is golden and if so flip over until both sides are golden brown.
8. Serve with a little butter and maple syrup. I had chopped bacon with mine which was really lovely.
You can try anything you like with these so experiment! My partners mother evan serves pancakes with a fried breakfast which is lovely.