This recipes is so easy and makes great cakes every time, they look so pretty with the strawberry jam too!
You will need:
For the cakes
· 150g Softened Butter
· 150 g Granulated Sugar
· 3 Beaten Eggs
· 150g Self-Raising Flour
· 1tsp Vanilla Extract
· 1tbsp Milk
For the decoration
· 50g Softened Butter
· 75g Icing Sugar
· 2tbsp Strawberry Jam
· Icing Sugar, for dusting
Makes 12 cakes J
1. Preheat the oven to 180c / 160c fan assisted / gas mark 4.
2. Cream together the butter and the sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Gradually mix in the egg, alternating with the sifted flour, then add the milk and the vanilla extract.
4. Divide into 12 cupcake cases and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown and springy. Then transfer to a cooling rack and leave to cool.
5. Mix together the butter and the icing sugar for the butter cream filling, beat until smooth.
6. Slice the tops off each cake and fill them with the butter cream. Cut each sliced top in half and arrange on the top of the filling to resemble butterfly wings, then spoon a line of strawberry jam in between the wings for the body. Lightly dust in icing sugar and your done!