- 2 chicken breasts and 2 legs
- 1 medium onion, cut into quarters
- 4 small garlic cloves peeled
- 1 tbsp salt
- 6 whole black peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf (optional)
- Add all of the ingredients to a heavy bottomed pan and bring to the boil.
- Cook for 20 minutes then remove the chicken breasts and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and slice the chicken ready for serving - or set aside for my coronation chicken recipe coming soon!
To make stock from the left over water and bones put the pan back on a low heat for 1-2 hours until it smells divine (I put mine in the slow cooker over night on a medium heat).