- 1kg potatoes peeled
- 250mls milk
- 1 bunch of spring onions
- 50g butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
Serves 4 people
- Fill a large pan with boiling water and a teaspoon of salt, add the potatoes and cook until tender (20 minutes aprox).
- Drain the potatoes and leave for 5 minutes to dry out (cover with a clean tea towel).
- Mash the potato, I find that a potato ricer works well but you can use just a normal masher (NEVER use a food processor to make mashed potatoes. They will become gooey and gluey).
- Melt the butter and cook the spring onions for 1 minute, add the milk and on a low heat warm through the mixture.
- Add the milk mixture to the mashed potatoes and mix. Season with salt and pepper and serve!
Perfect on its own or with cooked meat/fish.