- 4 Chicken breasts or some leftover roast chicken
- 1 chopped onion (red or white)
- 2 Leeks washed and chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 150ml white wine (only use wine you would drink, if not just swap for extra chicken stock)
- 150mls chicken stock
- 142mls double cream
- 1 sprig of chopped tarragon (or a teaspoon of dried)
- 1 tin of sweetcorn
- 1 sheet of ready rolled puff pastry
- 1 egg
- Sauté the onions and the leeks for 4-5 mins, the stir in the garlic.
- Add the white wine and reduce by 2/3, add the stock and reduce by 1/2.
- Add in the cream, tarragon and sweetcorn then simmer until thickened.
- Season and then put it into a pie dish, cover with the puff pastry and fold over the overhanging pastry on to the pastry lid. Brush with beaten egg and cook for 40 mins at 190ºC/375ºF/gas.