Search This Blog

Friday 2 March 2012

Irish Lentil and Bacon Soup

This soup is perfect for when you have not been feeling very perky - which I have not recently! Also my boyfriend can cook it really well so I can relax and not worry that he is about to burn down the kitchen! 




Ingredients:



  • 240g (a packet) of smoked bacon chopped
  • One chopped onion
  • 2 Cloves of garlic
  • 250g Red split lentils
  • 2 pints of chicken stock
  • 3 peeled carrots
Recipe:

  1. Fry the bacon in a pan until crispy and golden brown, remove from the pan and set aside.
  2. Gently fry the onion until translucent, then try the garlic for 5 mins. Add the bacon again to the pan, lentils and the stock.
  3. Cook for 30-40 mins until thickened, 15 mins before the end grate the carrots in (I'm not a huge fan of carrots and I always end up leaving chunks of carrots so this way I can eat the whole soup!)
Serve with fresh bread, garlic bread or cheese on toast - perfect! Making me feel better already :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment