- 450g carrots
- 700g Jerusalem artichoke's
- 75g butter
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 celery stalks chopped
- 2 1/2 pints of chicken stock
- Salt and pepper
- Chopped parsley
- Crème fraîche or cream to finish
- Peel the artichokes and soak them in salted water so they do not colour. Peel and chop the carrots and set aside.
- In a large saucepan melt the butter and cook the onion and celery for 5 minutes, then add the carrot and artichoke. Cook with the lid on for 10 mins so the juices release from the vegetables.
- Add the stock and put the lid back on for 20 minutes - it should be simmering and hot with the vegetables soft (you can test them with a knife).
- Liquidise the soup with a hand blender or in a food processor. Return back to the pan and season and warm through for serving.
Serve with a swirl of crème fraîche and chopped parsley and crust bread! Perfect.